May 16, 2008

Banana Bicycle

It is official, my bicycle is in the making ! A custom made, using sourced second hand pieces, road fixie will be what I hope, my new best friend. I await with much anticipation.

The poor little kitchen I was just beginning to have a thing with, has been somewhat neglected the past week. My first meal using organic tempeh was not appetising at all. After discovering my newly bought mushroom soy sauce was a year out of date, I pondered on why my dinner made my tummy skwirm.


Trial two consisted of tempeh cold rolls with vermicelli and homemade peanut sauce. Didn't work, enough said. Last tempeh round was thrown on an uninspiring sandwich with fresh beetroot, hummus and other fridge sort of treats. Wasn't in love... Any recipe suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Earlier in the week, my stove simmered up a Thai Coconut Corn Soup which failed sadly beneath the hands of my cooking. Why? I think it was just my tastes buds, sadly put off after eating the first failure for the night - Indonesian Coconut Rice. First of all you ask, soup and rice??

In between I attempted to inspire with some dark chocolate chip cookies, which resulted in hard, mouth full sized balls of who knows what. To compensate all this delightfully crap cooking, some afternoons my new blender can whip up beautiful smoothies. Restrictions apply to bananas, because if they didn't I would probably scoff three or four a day. Instead, cravings are filled with thick, cinnamon, banana bliss.



Bucketing rain with a seriously cold bite, tears at your ankles, m
onstrous winds tangle up trees, brollies and scarves. Winter has definitely arrived. Hopefully the week ahead brings inspiring and exciting delights for the mind, body and soul.

No comments: